Monday 6 July 2009

IS REMY/VIRGIN HAIR REALY WORTH IT?




I have noticed that the price of non-remy hair brands had increased. A pack of 14" Sensationnel Premium Now will set you back about £21 now days. However remy hair will burn an even bigger hole in your pockets with prices for 14" ranging from £40-80 and in some cases even higher. Does remy or virgin hair merit these prices? If you are like me, you will want to know if this hair is truly any better that the £5 synthetic hair or the £20 non-remy hair.


True remy hair is hair that has the cuticles aligned and in tact so that the hairs natural lustre and sheen remains. The hair will not tangle and has a longer life span than non-remy hair. Non-remy hair gets exposed to harsh chemicals that remove the cuticle and therefore causes matting and shedding in the hair weft. Becuse of these differences remy can be re-used.


I say "true remy" because there are a lot of brands out there that are called remy but are actually only about 50% remy or not remy at all. I have bought some of these brands that are sold in the hair shops and wasted my money. I think true 100% remy hair is worth the extra money because it has a better feel to it, lasts longer, can be colored and re-used. In the long run you will find that it may work out cheaper than buying non-remy hair each time you get a new install of weave.


Now virgin remy hair is even better because the hair has never ever received any chemical treatments. Remy hair may arrive coloured or texturised to create a curly or yaki texture. Virgin hair will come with the hairs natural colour and texture (see photo above). Virgin hair will last even longer than remy hair and will give you all the benefits described above. I recently started to wear virgin hair and I love it!!! For me the extra price is justified. As with lace wigs, virgin hair will not be for every one or for ever. There are times when I wear synthetic hair or non-remy human hair for budget reasons. But when I can, I have to get me some virgin hair. There is nothing better. I always loved Megan Good's hair and she wears Indian virgin hair (see photo above)! Its has a bounce and a natural look that can not be achieved from the average hair brands sold in hair shops.

If would like to know more about this type of hair email: info@krownkouture.com



No comments:

Post a Comment